Exercising Properly: Rest or Push Through?
I hope you are feeling great today. But I know that there are days when you are not sure if you should push through or take it easy.
It took me many, many years to learn whether I need to take a day off from exercising or if I should push through the discomfort.
You Should Rest From Excercise When
- You’ve “pushed through the pain” for a couple of days in a row.
- You can’t remember the last time you took a day off.
- You’re sick from the neck down.
- You didn’t sleep all night and are barely keeping your eyes open
If any of these statements sound like you, it’s time to push through and challenge yourself with an invigorating workout (within reason)
Push Through & Sweat
- You feel depressed and sluggish.
- You woke up feeling tight and sore from sleeping in a strange position.
- You’re tired from not sleeping enough, but not so tired you could injure yourself.
- You have a slight cold or feel one coming on. (A short, slow-paced workout can boost immunity.)
- You’ve had a stressful day.
- You feel tired (TRUST ME- this can turn out to be your BEST workout!)
- Forgot your sneakers – JUST GO BAREFOOT!
Lastly remember- REAL results come from training programs NOT random and sporadic workouts.
Just need a new pace?
You can get ANY of our Kettle Kickboxing fitness programs and workouts on Instant Download and workout instantly- like, NOW! Pick any program and take these anywhere.